Charity Baptist School
Charity Baptist School is a ministry of Charity Baptist Church to act as an aid to sincere Christian parents in bringing up their families “in the nurture and admonition of the Lord”.
II. STATEMENT OF FAITH:
1. We believe the Bible ( KJV) to be the inspired, preserved Word of God and the only infallible, authoritative rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved: the former to the resurrection of life in heaven, and the latter to the resurrection of damnation in hell.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
III. SCHOOL POLICIES:
1. Both students and parents/guardians desire the school.
2. Dress standard:
Neatness and modesty that becomes a Christian.
Girls: Dresses and skirts sufficiently long that the knees
are covered when sitting.
No form hugging or extreme styles .
Tops are to be high enough in neckline to be modest.
No excessive jewelry. Earrings will consist of no longer
of a dangle or hoop than the breadth of forefinger.
Culottes and slickers are acceptable for sports only.
No chewing gum for guys or girls.
Boys: No denim or jean like pants. Shirts will be collared with at least 3
Polo shirts allowed , No logos or symbols to be on clothing except
what comes on as a manufaturer’s symbol
No necklaces,chains, earings…
For all students: No I-pods, cell phones… on in classes
No weapons of any sort .
No body piercing jewelry or new tattooing .
Footwear will be neat and suitable for school activities.
Footwear will be suitable to protect and stay on the feet. ie no rubber flip flops, crocs…
Sneakers required for sports activities.
Teachers will be the final judges to what is acceptable in
their own classrooms.
A. Students shall show courtesy and respect to adults and
fellow students and their property.
B. 6-inch rule between ladies and gentlemen.
C. Fighting will result in discipline.
D. Cell phones, i-pods, etc. or weapons of any sort may
not be brought to school.
E. Teachers must be addressed as Mr., Mrs., or Miss…
A. Teachers and administration will be responsible for the
placement of students in the proper grade levels.
B. Teachers are in authority and students will answer to
any of them in school or on the playground or during school trips or functions.
C. Where discipline problems occur, parents will be
5. School Activities:
A. Barring special circumstances, students will participate
in all school functions.
B. School begins September 2nd, 2010, 9:00- 12:00AM
C. School hours 8:40 A.M. – 2:30 P.M. ( 1/2 hour noon)
D. Students will be dropped off and picked up within 15 minutes
of school opening and closing.
6. School Security and Administration
Because we have no office for principal, we have adopted the following:
A. School doors will be locked when school is in session
B. All visitors are asked to refer first to classroom teacher inside front door
before proceeding into school building.
C. Any issues between parents and teachers should be referred to
administrator so as to maintain a balance of respect and order.
Because we do not exercise corporal punishment as teachers, we rely
heavily on the support of parents to aid teachers in maintaining respect and
order in education, We will use the following methods of punishment for
infractions to rules, in this order, and/or all of the following
a. Speaking to student regarding the error and the seriousness of it
b. Extra homework (such as lines or extra assignments)
c. Detention – time spent in desk while others are on break
d. Letter to parents for continued disregard
e. Meeting with student / teacher with parent and administrator
Thank you for your cooperation in this faith ministry. Our prayer is that we
may work together in unity to awaken our children’s consciences to their
need of salvation in Jesus Christ and help slow the moral decline of our
great Canadian culture.
“ Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it”
With prayer and thanks to our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ,
Pastor Warren Jones